The iPad is now available in the UK, another gloriously designed object of desire from Apple. As with all products of this type nobody actually “needs” one. But then again the lure of the latest piece of “kit” is as irresistible to a Web Geek as a shiny object is to a magpie.
So how do you convince your boss that the iPad is a must buy? After all it wasn’t that long ago you persuaded him to allow you to trade in the Blackberry for an iPhone!
Here are my top 5 reasons:
- Time efficiency – The iPads instant on means a potential of over 11 hours extra work per year based on a PC start-up of around 3 minutes.
- I can work anywhere – Portability means I can carry my iPad easily wherever I go, I can work when commuting or away on holiday.
- I can work for longer – With it’s extended battery life I would not be limited to the 2-3 hours the battery on my laptop lasts when out of the office.
- Energy saving – Due to the longer battery life I would not use as much electricity charging the iPad compared with a laptop.
- Testing – As the iPad is going to be so popular we need one to test our websites display as expected for our customers.
What valid business arguments do you have for buying an iPad?